Do you have overripe blackened bananas in your pantry? I have something just for you. These banana pancakes are fluffy, and I mean FLUFFY. They have a lovely soft texture.
This recipe is just perfect for those lazy afternoons !
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE BANANA PANCAKES
HOW TO MAKE BANANA PANCAKES
1.Begin by combining the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk everything well and set aside.
2. In a blender add in your bananas, sugar, vanilla essence, milk and eggs and blend till smooth. Alternatively, if you don’t have a blender at hand, mash the bananas with a fork. And yes it’s okay if the bananas will be a bit lumpy. Add in the sugar, vanilla essence, milk and eggs and whisk everything together.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk well until just combined. You do not want to over-mix this batter.
4. Heat up a small amount of cooking oil on the pan. Low to medium heat is recommended.
5. Spoon the mixture on to the pan and cook until some tiny holes appear on the top and the underside is golden brown in colour. Flip the pancakes and cook for a few minutes more.
6. Top with some honey/ maple syrup and freshly sliced bananas if you like. You can always switch it up with the toppings.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- For best results, use overripe bananas. They are easier to mash and give the pancakes moisture, sweetness and flavour. Anything from spotted bananas to completely blackened ones is fine. However they should not be rotting. Never use under-ripe bananas.
- Do not over-mix the batter. The more you stir, the gluten strands are developed. This will result to rubbery pancakes. Once the flour is well incorporated stop whisking the batter.
- Avoid using more bananas than called for in the recipe. Adding more will interfere with the cooking of the pancakes.
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 67 g sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a blender add in your bananas, sugar, vanilla essence, milk, eggs and blend till smooth.Alternatively if a blender isn't available, mash the bananas with a fork then whisk in the sugar, vanilla essence, milk and eggs.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat up a small amount of cooking oil on the pan and spoon the pancake mixture. Cook until some tiny bubbles appear on the top and the underside is golden brown. Flip the pancakes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Top with some honey / maple syrup and freshly sliced bananas.
- For best results, use very ripe bananas for the recipe. They give the pancakes moisture, sweetness and flavour.
- Do not over-mix the batter so as not to end up with rubbery pancakes.
- Avoid using more bananas than called for in the recipe.